[Mldonkey-users] Re: Bye-bye, EDonkey?

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Bye-bye, EDonkey?
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 00:15:30 +0100

Nikolai Prokoschenko <address@hidden> wrote:
> Today, on the www.edonkey2000.com:

> 12.03.02 - We have just released a fairly solid version of Overnet. It is
> working really well at this point. Now that Overnet is stable we will be
> doing some maintenance work on the donkey. We wont be abandoning the
> donkey since there are certain uses that it is better suited for, namely
> trading files in small private groups. But most of you want to use a large
> public network and for this Overnet works much better. So I encourage all
> of you to switch over to that network.

> So, no edonkey, only Overnet from now on?

No. The masses of eDonkey users won't switch on an instant, because
there is a so-called stable version of the Overnet-client available.

Some, the ones which had problems with eDonkey because of Firewalls may
switch to Overnet, but I think many will stay.

And: mldonkey "speaks" both languages, so we get the best of both
worlds.

S°

--
Letzte Worte eines Architekten: Mir faellt da gerade was ein ...