Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Bye-bye, EDonkey?

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Bye-bye, EDonkey?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 02:08:53 +0100

Le Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:37:37 +0100, Heinz <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Thats the question ! Do we really "speak" overnet by now ? What about
> uploads to overnet ?

> My statistics after 2 days of pango 0112a are still indicating
> mass-uploads towards overnet but as this is not yet implemented I feel
> like answering questions in "overnet"-language with some sort of
> "mldonkey"-language.

Here's my understanding of the situation, taken from
http://tux007.no-ip.com/~mldonkey/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=161&forum=1

"mldonkey doesn't "publish" its share list on Overnet, so Overnet peers
cannot find it using Overnet search mecanisms; But, just like eDonkey peers,
when an Overnet peer is asked for a file, it adds the requester to its list
of sources for the file, so it will eventually ask mldonkey for the file in
return, and even download from you (remember that Overnet uses the same
protocol for transferring files, it's the way the network self organizes,
without servers, that is totally different)"