Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Bye-bye, EDonkey?

From: Heinz
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Bye-bye, EDonkey?
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:37:37 +0100

And: mldonkey "speaks" both languages, so we get the best of both
worlds.

Thats the question ! Do we really "speak" overnet by now ? What about uploads to overnet ? My statistics after 2 days of pango 0112a are still indicating mass-uploads towards overnet but as this is not yet implemented I feel like answering questions in "overnet"-language with some sort of "mldonkey"-language. Since we are leeching out of overnet at the moment we should try to fix upload asap or the only logical thing for overnetters is to ban us somehow in the future. Since I want to know what is happening with this so called on uploads I might try a look at the souce. What was wrong with overnet uploads ? Is it still in the source ? Could someone point me to the relevant file(s) ?

from my stats:
Total uploads: 3196600320
          To eDonkey: 77935704 (2.44 %)
To official mldonkey: 646725562 (20.23 %)
To mldonkey pango mf: 9983824 (0.31 %)
   To mldonkey pango: 0 (0.00 %)
          To Overnet: 1229840163 (38.47 %)
        To old eMule: 0 (0.00 %)
        To new eMule: 1232115067 (38.54 %)
           To server: 0 (0.00 %)

So either the client detection is failing or my client sent 1.2 GB of "something" to overnet users ... I'd really like to figure out what is going on - may ocaml be with me ;-) (to be honest I don't thinks so but a couple of looks can't hurt either ...)

CU,
Heinz