Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango & overnet & more

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango & overnet & more
Date: 05 Dec 2002 20:05:05 +0100

Le jeu 05/12/2002 à 00:33, MLdonkey a écrit :

> >  >
> >  > > I'd also like to know if there would be a way to upload to overnet
> > clients
> >  > > only or at least if it could be done with mldonkey.. i think it would
> > be a
> >  > > smooth way to switch to overnet for us..
> >  >
> >  > Sorry, upload to overnet is *not yet* implemented!
> >
> >  It will come out pretty soon. Right now, it does work on my patched
> >  version without any complaints from distants overnet clients.
> >
> >  I want to implement new opcodes (27-28-30 / 12-13 / 21-22) before
> >  releasing anything.
>
> Have you found some documentation of how the publish protocol works ?
> I don't know if the code I wrote was correct, I couldn't test it
> easily, but I would really be interested to see your code, and finally
> a specification of this part of the protocol.

Unfortunatly, this patch is based on my own research using ... ethereal.
I'll try to document new opcodes in the source code.

After the publish feature and the network insertion, I think there are
many ways to improve the balancing/tuning of the overnet code, to make
him become more gentle with his fellow peers.

> Anyway, if it works, I will ask the new developpers to apply the patch
> as soon as possible.

thanks :)

Norbert