[Mldonkey-users] CVS 2.00+3

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] CVS 2.00+3
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:41:29 +0100

Just FYI

ChangeLog
=========

2002/12/08: Simon
  - Applied Overnet publish patch from Norbert LATAILLE
  - The Overnet patch is too aggressive (about 5 kB/s). It really needs to
     be tune.

2002/12/07: Simon
  - Fixed bug in "nu" command (thanks Rudolf Polzer)
  - "reshare" now add new files to upload.

2002/12/06: Simon
  - Applying Pango's patch:
       01_display_server_banners: banners already appear in GUI console
       02_force_high_id: applied
       03_overnet_boot_dns_resolution: already done
       05_network_signature_change: applied
       06_wrong_lowid_display: already done
       07_keep_user_filenames: applied
       08_better_default_parameters: partially applied
       09_md4_speedup.patch: already done
       10_port_blacklist: applied
       11_max_connected_servers_offbyone: already done
       12_files_md4_corruption: already done
       13_revert_iptos: applied, but why in and out ?
       14_get_chunks_in_random_order: applied, but with an option to disable it
       15_fix_ovweb_default_site: applied, but an option would be better
       16_sources_per_chunk: applied
       18_remove_cancelled_downloads: applied
       20_vd_sharp_urls: applied
       24_check_for_x: applied
       22_connect_on_server_urls: applied
       26_old_file_on_cancel: applied, but option, disabled by default
       23_uploaders_command: applied
       27_selective_hide_files: applied

   NOT APPLIED, need some discussion:
       17_hide_chunks_being_uploaded:
       21_fifo_new_sources:
       25_bolder_remove_old_sources:

2002/12/04: Simon
  - Gpattern: fixed bugs introduced by mldonkey :)
  - Gui_servers, Gui_friends: server users list and file sources list are only
      update 1/10 second after selection to avoid flickering.

2002/12/02: Simon
  - Moved some code in the GUI driver to avoid sending many messages when
      GUI use the POLL extension.

2002/12/01: Simon
  - Applets: new directory applets/, containing 3 sub-directories:
     * api: a common C api used by applets to chat with mldonkey on its GUI port
     * kde: a KDE panel applet
     * gnome: a GNOME panel applet
    A lot to be done. I know a bit GTK, not QT ...
    The Client_stats message is not yet completely filled with useful data
    by the core.

2002/11/20: Simon
  - IM:
      * Accounts Window, and Toplevel menu to access it
      * Contacts Window works
      * Dialog Window

2002/11/18: Simon
  - Gui_rooms: each opened room has its own users/messages widgets, to avoid
        reprinting all messages when changing of room. Maxence, could you
        look at that and explain me how to destroy a widget when room is
        closed
  - CommonInteractive: raise Not_found when the option doesnot exists
        (no more "option NAME value changed" for non-existing options :)
  - Instant Messaging: Started implementing the interface for instant
        messaging.

2002/11/17: Simon
  - CommonClient: check MD4 replies from client (inspired from patch #662)
  - DriverMain: track options_version, to be able to update the options
        when a new version of mldonkey is used.

2002/11/16: Simon
  - CommonOptions: added the redirector-generated server list to web_infos,
        and an option to change the redirector. Now, we should probably
        disable auto_update_server by default, since the relocator gives
        a nice server list. Or we should give more weight to new servers
        when trying to connect.

2002/11/15: Simon
  - DonkeyServer: added sending of UDP pings. Check that pings have been
        replied before sending extended search/locate requests.
  - DonkeyClient: changed mldonkey-specific protocol to recognize old
        clients, and send a warning.

2002/11/14: Simon
  - Fixed bug #1701 ?: read at least 1000 bytes before writing stream
        in a file from Limewire. Gnutella clients problem, or is_http_ok is
        not strict enough.
  - Fixed bug #1708 ?: rewritten get_page and wget in net/http_client.ml
        to avoid fd leak.
  - Support #101511: in the Upload panel of the GUI, the contextual menu
        offers to print ed2k links in the Console panel.
  - GuiTypes: new event Server_message_event to send server messages to
        the GUI console.
  - GuiEncoding/GuiDeconding: now, protocol versions will only change when
        the encoding of some old messages changes, not when new messages
        are added, so that new messages can be handled even if an old
        format is used for other messages (old GUIs can benefit from new
        messages)
  - DonkeyOvernet: change the URL in 'ovweb'
  - DonkeyProtoCom: sending much more information to the redirector, so that:
        - we can generate our own server list
        - we can generate an overnet peer list
        - we can gather some statistics on node bandwidth usage to decide
            when to create supernodes.
  - Observer: now generates a 'servers.met' file every 5 minutes, which is
        sent to savannah, if I find the command :), but the dest is:
        "http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/servers.met";
        if you want to add to your web_infos.
        Servers inside are guaranteed alive in the last 5 hours (well,
        unless the redirector is down which is often true :( )

2002/11/13: Simon
  - common/commonOptions.ml: new option "network_update_url" to
        download files "motd.html" and "motd.conf" used to update some
        parameters in all clients. "motd.conf" is displayed in the
        HTML and telnet interfaces, and at startup. Why not in the GUI :) ?
        These URLs are downloaded every day, and can change the configuration
        of the client remotely. This will be used later to test different
        parameters to activate/desactivate ultrapeers behaviors.
  - donkey/donkeyServer.ml: new implementation of remove_old_servers. The
        new implementation sorts the servers, and remove all those that
        exceed their age, but guaranty to let at least "min_left_servers" in
        the list.
  - donkey/donkeySupernode.ml: started implementation of supernodes.
        Supernodes are mldonkey clients, that act as pseudo-servers:
        - they accept queries from mldonkey clients
        - they index files from all clients
  - donkey/donkeyOvernet.ml: fixed bug preventing removal of old
        connected peers.
  - config/configure.in: REQUIRED_LABLGTK=1.2.4 (please, dont force
        people to upgrade if it is not REQUIRED). Use the configure
        script to detect the version and to generate stubs for simple
        modifications (lib/gAutoconf.ml.new.in). Only upgrade for
        major reasons (ocaml release eg).

2002/11/11: Simon
  - config/configure.in: detection of lablgtk version to be able to compile
        without lablgtk-20021031 (must find mouse position, zoggy ??).
        GToolbox.popup_menu is generated by ./configure from
        lib/gAutoconf.ml.new.in
  - gpattern/gpattern.ml: using arrays instead of lists. filters directly
        integrated. Forces many changes in gui/gui*.ml, but should be much
        faster.
  - gui/gui_downloads.ml: Call to remove_client removed until a new message
        is added        for that in the protocol
  - net/udpSocket.ml: implementation of SOCKS 5 support for UDP. Must check that
        bytes are correctly ordered.

2002/11/10: Simon
  - Fabrice has to move, and his new employer does not allow him to
        program in other open-source projects (for Intellectual Property
        problems). So he will keep administrating the project (web site,
        forums, releases), while I'm integrated in the developper team
        as main developper... As a start, I have some bugs to fix, and
        I would like to create a parallel network over edonkey2000 using
        mldonkey supernodes.

2002/11/06: zoggy
  - changes to use lablgtk-20021031 (@#!:@* Why the fuck did you do that ?
        you are the only developper to use it, nobody can compile now :(

2002/11/04: mldonkey
  - Applied patch #634 (increase buffer size for md4 comp.)
            patch #631 (max_connected_servers off by one)
            patch #630 (low id display)
            patch #632 (use DNS in "boot")

2002/10/23: Simon
  - New implementation of 'remove_old_clients'