Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango vs. cvs?

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango vs. cvs?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:52:07 +0100

Le Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:25:08 +0100, "tristate" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> hi all, can you simon and pango find a way to code on the same project???
> i hate this status of mldonkey. one version from cvs, one version from
> pango...

I think we're working on the same project!
The current fork occured because mldonkey was temporarily unavailable, and
it's getting solved as gracefully as possible (but many changes were added
from each side, so it takes some time).

Most patches were accepted, some were refused because they were broken or
too experimental, some are still being reviewed/rewritten, that's life. And
it happens at a reasonable pace, given that, at least personally, December
is a busy month.

In fact, this setup is not bad, and many other projects have several
"branches" at once, with one official version, more conservative than
others, and one or more experimental forks (I can think of Sylpheed and
Sylpheed-claws branches, or even the stable and unstable versions of the
Linux kernel), that get included once they're proven valuable and
stable...

BR,
Pierre.