[Mldonkey-users] Re: Server black list

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Server black list
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:35:33 +0100

Stephane Goulet <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, maybe you guys have a solution for this problem, i saw ppl asking
> about wildcards in the black list before, but looks like i don't implement
> them good, i still have hundreds of 127.*.*.*:4661 servers in my list, i
> don't want to add every possible 127.... combination...

> server_black_list = [
>  "127.0.0.0";
>  "10.0.0.0";
>  "127.0.0.1";
>  "127.255.255.255";
>  "10.0.255.255";
>  "192.168.255.255"]

 server_black_list = [
  "127.255.255.255";
  "172.16.255.255";
  "172.17.255.255";
  "172.18.255.255";
  "172.19.255.255";
  "172.20.255.255";
  "172.21.255.255";
  "172.22.255.255";
  "172.23.255.255";
  "172.24.255.255";
  "172.25.255.255";
  "172.26.255.255";
  "172.27.255.255";
  "172.28.255.255";
  "172.29.255.255";
  "172.30.255.255";
  "172.31.255.255";
  "172.32.255.255";
  "192.168.255.255";
  "10.255.255.255"]

Note: mldonkey does not apply the filters at once, but it takes some
time for servers to be removed, probably at the next "remove old
servers" run.

> Any suggestions for improvement/maybe a standard configuration welcome!

Being able to use a CIDR notation would be nice, so all of the above
would shrink to:

 server_black_list = [
   "224.0.0.0/4";
   "127.0.0.0/8";
   "10.0.0.0/8";
   "172.16.0.0/12";
   "192.168.0.0/16"]

(with the first one being the multicast net)

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
52. The Grey Wall(tm) has fallen on them and no one has noticed their