Re: [Mldonkey-users] overnet generating ton of outgoing bandwidth

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] overnet generating ton of outgoing bandwidth
Date: 09 Jan 2003 08:38:39 +0100

Le mer 08/01/2003 à 19:38, Brett Dikeman a écrit :
> Silly question #2:
>
> Sitting doing nothing, just connected to the edonkey and overnet
> networks(not uploading or looking for anything), the client uses up
> about 12-13kB of outgoing bandwidth and about 2kB incoming.  It's all
> overnet traffic- and since nothing's being shared or downloaded, that
> means it's protocol overhead.

That's really interresting. Could you please add more detail, I would
like to investigate ?
- set verbose_overnet to true, and tell us if you see A BIG NUMBER of
packets sends. What type ?
- try ovstats. How many searches do you have ? How many queries have
they done ?

Hope you use a recent version of mldonkey.