Re: [Mldonkey-users] overnet generating ton of outgoing bandwidth

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] overnet generating ton of outgoing bandwidth
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:57:42 +0100

>  That's really interresting. Could you please add more detail, I would
>  like to investigate ?
>  - set verbose_overnet to true, and tell us if you see A BIG NUMBER of
>  packets sends. What type ?
>  - try ovstats. How many searches do you have ? How many queries have
>  they done ?
>
>  Hope you use a recent version of mldonkey.

Is there a limit on how many files are shared at the same time on
Overnet ? If you are sharing 1000 files, after a few hours, will
mldonkey try to publish all these files continuously ? Maybe we should
have a ring of published files, where mldonkey only publishs a small
number of them at a given time ? The problem with overnet is that it
sends very small messages, but each message has a big IP header,
longer than the message itself...

- MLDonkey