Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:07:37 +0100

>  Resistance is futile, they will adopt. ;)

:) I want to see this. I had a look at the new authentification scheme
added by Simon. It looks pretty complicated to crack. I know they will
manage to crack it, but I would like to see how long it will take, and
which algorithm they will use. It looks like a really boring
programming contest for emule devels...and they will have to learn
Objective-Caml !!! Once they have done it, we will switch to another
one :)

Not that I want a war between emule and mldonkey, but I think the
quota system is fair, and they should not try to interfere with
it. They can still download from mldonkey with it (and they are
downloading a lot!), so they don't have to try to break the small wall
we have built to protect unix users. When emule will run natively on linux,
they will do whatever they want.

- MLDonkey