Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey

From: Jochen Radmacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:29:53 +0100

Hi,
Roland Arendes wrote:

Hi

FYI

--
Added MLDonkey to the statistic

MLDonkey Emulation
MLDonkey is very unfair against eMule users. It allows only one third of
the uploadqueue to beoccupied by eMule clients.

We need something that does not favor one particular client, or we will always see such mods... How about making the distribution dynamic, dependend on " seen" or "downloaded" in the statistic. If the download comes mainly from one client Type, even it is emule( i doubt that...), this type of client should get the most upload.

Additionally it favourises MLDonkey by giving
them always a slot.

That's not good Style.
The only  ones who should  always have  a slot are my Friends!

In drder not to have this disadvantage MavMule emulates a MLDonkey client
when he connects
to an MLDonkey client.

That raises one Question: Who is the first client that says: Im a [emule/mldonkey]-client? If it is the connecting client, we could "play emule" in that case. But this should only be a temporary fix...

Jochen

--

[...]