Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:12:21 +0100 (CET)

> In two hours I banned half of the new emule comunity (1890 banned)...

I doubt this. Start eMule for yourself and have a look, how many sources
queued you at a ranking >1000. For my testing yesterday, it was the
majority. :-(

Perhaps it is the wrong way to BAN them completely in the first place.
But we have to check them at least every 30 Minutes or we'll get thrown
out of the queue (if we don't ban them). If your QR is >2000,
I doubt you'll get any data of this client *today*.
So banning is still better than collecting or dropping. If we drop them,
we receive them again and ask again (like a new client). For collecting
it needs memory and bandwidth (to check at least every 30 mins).

MLdonkey: Is banning for the whole remaing client uptime? Or are the
entries removed after beeing banned for, e.g. 180 Minutes? This would make
sense then. Perhaps the eMule restarted/reconnected in the last 180
Minutes and we would get a new QR. Please think about it.