Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6

From: Christian Lange
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:34:52 +0100

Hello,

> Emules with big queues get banned.

> from Changelog:
> * ban clients with queue ranking > 1000 and send them a message

> So if we never get something from them, ban them to have uploadslots for
> emules that will give us some chunks sometime...

> I think this is a good feature...

I don't like this feature very much and would like to have an option to
disable it or change the limit. Just a few reasons:

1. Even if you are enqueued at rank 990 you may find yourself at 1000
ten inutes later because of their priority system.

2. If 999 other clients are ahead of you chances are that they give up
their place in queue. This could happen because they complete their
download from other sources, are disconnected by their providers or just
shut down their computer over night.

3. Wether a queue rank is good or bad depends largely on the bandwidth
of the source. Rank 100 on source connected by ISDN could well be worse
than rank 1000 connected via a T1.

Is there a command to ask emules for the current queue position? This
information could be used to rank them by the speed we are travelling
through their queue. An upload queue on our side would of course allow
ranks beside 'good' and 'bad'...

 - Christian Lange, Berlin