Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:41:44 +0100

>  3. Wether a queue rank is good or bad depends largely on the bandwidth
>  of the source. Rank 100 on source connected by ISDN could well be worse
>  than rank 1000 connected via a T1.

That's a good point. Maybe we could only keep the rank, and see how
fast we progress in the queue; we could compute the time-to-rank-1,
and ban only if this time is greater than one day... Anyway, when a
client is banned, we don't upload to him, but we can still connect to
him every 10 minutes and download...

Note also that, on a T1, if we are at rank 1000, it still means that
the client has refused 999 clients before us, so, it must not be that
fast...

- MLDonkey