Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule bans in unstable-2-02-6
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:44:57 +0100

>  another reason: even if you will never download from a client, it will
>  give you their sources.
>  as this change is said to decrease number of emule source by 2, ;it
>  would be dificult to get sources
>  exept , of course, if mldonkey get their sources before banning them ;-)

Maybe the "banning" term is mis-leading. A client is banned means that
the client cannot download from you anymore. Other communications are
still allowed, such as download, sources exchange, etc... We should
probably add unban the client in case of upload. Anyway, the goal is
not to save some bandwidth by refusing connections to these clients,
but to force emules to remove the 2000-slots upload queue, ie to have
a psychological effect...

- MLDonkey