[Mldonkey-users] Perfect amount for used sockets found

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Perfect amount for used sockets found
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:30:11 +0100

Hi.

Through careful experimenting, I think I found the nearly perfect value
for max. used sockets (for my ISDN line) with version 2.02-7 without any
Overnet peers, as they eat up the bandwidth like hungry mice in my
fridge.

At 250 I achieved about 5   kB/s.
At 150            about 6.5 kB/s.
At 100            about 7.0 kB/s.
At  50            about 6.6 kB/s.

So the default value of 924 should _definately_ be reduced.

Please try for yourself, even the users with the fat connections, if
reducing the amount of used sockets to something between 200 and 100
reduces your overhead and improves your download rate.

Even switching/blocking of Overnet might help.

S°

--
Letzte Worte eines Beifahrers: Rechts ist frei