Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Perfect amount for used sockets found

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Perfect amount for used sockets found
Date: 30 Jan 2003 10:59:11 +0100

Fabian Henrici <address@hidden> writes:

> > At least I can reproduce those figures at will. So it is rather
> > unlikely
>
> > those figures are random or induced by external influences.
> > YMMV for bigger lines though.
>
> > S°
>

> Hi,
>
> I tried different values for a 768/128kbit DSL line and found 275 to
> work perfect. But I think values between 250 and 300 should be tested.

Could you gather statistics about packet size too while you test?
Linux tries to delay small packets in tcp streams in the hope that
more data will follow. I would think the more sockets mldonkey spreads
it upload bandwith over the less successfull this becomes and more
overhead due to tcp/ip headers is produced and thus less speed.

A packet distribution by size graph could indicate such behaviour.

MfG
        Goswin