Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to prefer almost completed files?

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to prefer almost completed files?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:32:05 +0200

Am Montag, 15.09.03 um 15:40 Uhr schrieb Martin:

Markus Hitter wrote...
How could I tell mldonkey to prefer a files almost finished in opposite
to ones with only few percent completed?

increase the priorities of the almost complete files.

Huh, I didn't know something like this exists. For the records, the explanation is here: <http://mldonkey.berlios.de/ modules.php?name=Wiki&pagename=max_concurrent_downloads> and
<http://mldonkey.berlios.de/modules.php?name=Wiki&pagename=priority>

If this works well, I'll file an enhancement request to do such calculations automatically and by default. Since lots of files are compressed some way, several files 95 % downloaded are of no use at all.

Thanks,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/