nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] [ 101725 ] MySQL connections hanging?

From: nobody
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] [ 101725 ] MySQL connections hanging?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:42:55 -0500

Support Request #101725, was updated on 2003-Jan-10 23:42
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101725&group_id=443

Category: None

By: kveton
Date: 2003-Jan-10 23:42
Logged In: YES
user_id=14541
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207
Phoenix/0.5

We have fixed the problems with the two left joins with
a single select.  We'd love to send you a patch if
possible.

One thing have noticed now is that nss-mysql doesn't
appear to be timing out its connections (or noticing
that it has open connections, I'm not sure).  This can
cause the mysql server hosting the user/group databases
to run out of connections if the limit is too low.

I've solved this problem in the meantime by killing
these errant connections but it would be nice if
nss-mysql handled this appropriately and either a)
disconnected properly or b) connected and then
disconnected for lookups.

We are using this with nscd so that could also be
causing the hang in connection.

Anything you can tell us would be much appreciated.