nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql password questions

From: Ron Meyers
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql password questions
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:17:47 -0400

I have nss-mysql running but have a few questions concerning passwords.
Environment:
    Red Hat 7.2
    Mysql 3.23.41

I can login as guillaume(default SQL database) but have problems adding a
new user(authntication error in /var/log/messages).

What do I need in a tcl/perl script to enter a password that works ??
Plain text DOES NOT seem to work.  What encryption technique is nss
expecting ??

In the /etc conf files(nss-mysql and root.conf) I have to use plain text
passwords to login.  I tried cutting and pasting the root password from
the mysql table users into the nss*.conf files but this did not work.
Changing
back to plain text I was able to login as guillaume.

Has anyone written an example script for adding users into the nss_mysql
database ??

Thank you,
Ron Meyers