nuxeo-localizer

[Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer, DTML and gettext

From: Andy McKay
Subject: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer, DTML and gettext
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:03:30 -0800

Hi there,

I just started to use Localizer in an old project that was previously using ZBabel. From what I understand from the docs I should be able to:

- add a Localizer to my Zope instance

- then do <dtml-gettext>Foo</dtml-gettext>

this gives the error:

# Module Products.Localizer.GettextTag, line 98, in __call__
KeyError: gettext

- or <dtml-var "gettext('Foo')">

this gives the error:

# Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
__traceback_info__: gettext
# Module <string>, line 2, in f
NameError: global name 'gettext' is not defined

So I'm guessing there's some kind of error injecting the name gettext into the namespace.

Am I just using Localizer in the wrong manner here? Basically Im wanting to localize strings inside DTML objects and get onto better ways of doing this later.

Localizer 1.0.0 (tried 0.9.2 as well)
Zope 2.6.0
Python 2.1.3

Thanks