nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer, DTML and gettext

From: Andy McKay
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer, DTML and gettext
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:26:03 -0800

Either rename your message catalog to "gettext" or pass the name of the catalog using "<dtml-gettext catalog="NameOfCatalog">String to translate</dtml-gettext>.

Thanks Joachim.

I found I also had to plonk Localizer onto the namespace which is a bit of a pain.

<dtml-with "Localizer">
<dtml-var "gettext('test')">
</dtml-with>

Now works, but that's not what the docs said and seems a little more cumbersome than I wanted. I could transparently add Localizer with an access rule I suppose.

P.S.: I've just written a prototype of a BabelToLocalizer product that uses Localizer as the backend, but lets you keep the ZBabel syntax (self.translate() from Python and the babel and fish tags). Do you think this would be useful for a public release?

Oh neat. I don't know I really don't use ZBabel anymore, and Im not sure how well its updated...
--
  Andy McKay