nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer, DTML and gettext

From: Garikoitz Araolaza
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Localizer, DTML and gettext
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:32:41 +0100

At 04:26 21/02/03, Andy McKay wrote:

Either rename your message catalog to "gettext" or pass the name of the catalog using "<dtml-gettext catalog="NameOfCatalog">String to translate</dtml-gettext>.

Thanks Joachim.

I found I also had to plonk Localizer onto the namespace which is a bit of a pain.

<dtml-with "Localizer">
<dtml-var "gettext('test')">
</dtml-with>

Hi Andy,

I guess you forgot to add a Message Catalog instance.

Localizer provides:

- Localizer objects, that provide language negotiation, and other services like the changeLanguageForm
     - MessageCatalogs that provide that gettext-alike services.
     - ...

Having a Localizer instance is OK, but you also need a MessageCatalog in order to provide translated messages support.

Joachim explained that you should add a Message Catalog object called gettext. If you do it, you shouldn't need to put that <dtml-with Localizer>

Gari

Garikoitz Araolaza
Code&Syntax
address@hidden