Re: Machines n stuff

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: Machines n stuff
Date: Tue Feb 27 16:57:01 2001

>       Perhaps you might want to start a CVS thing going, as people start

I set up a sourceforge project last year for the purpose of machine
community development... they have a CVS server with web interface, so it
sounds perfect for what we're doing. Either that or we could use another
solution---I will have more to say on this soon.

Yes, only the OX_WIDGET_SLIDER is implemented right now. The widget
builder code is slated for 0.92.3 this weekend. Wrapping OXAPI parameters
in widgets is a fast process, it took only a little time to write the
slider and the others should be as easy. I expect there will be 3 or 4
more in 0.92.3.

> SMALL in machine.h).  Did you use Glade to make your widgets?  Do you have
> any objections to people adding/implementing WIDGETs?

As plugins? Hmm. None of those internal API's is stable at the moment, but
int the meantime it would be fine to discuss widgets etc.

> Secondly (and this is only minor, if somewhat of a pain in the ass), the
> control boxes for a machine are growing/shrinking with the largest desc
> string.  I had

Yeah, I noticed that "jiggle". I could probably just change the hbox
setup to give them a maximum 1 inch or so of space, so it just cuts off if
there is too much. (There's no need to have very large amounts of text in
there, it should be just things like "0.4 seconds" or "2827 Hz".)

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden