Re: Latest from hg on OSX

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Latest from hg on OSX
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:00:36 +0200

John W. Eaton schrieb:
On 10-Jun-2008, Thomas Treichl wrote:

| Finally, I also added "-I/usr/X11R6/include" to my C-,CPP-,CXXFLAGS before | configuring the Octave sources and "-Wl,-framework -Wl,OpenGL" to the LDFLAGS.

There is no need for the duplication.  You should only need to add -I
options to CPPFLAGS (the preprocessor is the only thing that should
need -I, and CPPFLAGS are included in the rules for building object
files that are defined in Octave's Makeconf file).

Yes, ok, thanks.

I just found out that (I must once again correct my last email for the third time now, sorry) we do need "-Wl,-framework -Wl,OpenGL" with LDFLAGS when configuring the Octave sources because when linking gl-render.cc and others together into liboctinterp.dylib it fails if not available. This framework is currently not found automatically on a Mac platform, so I expect we could need a test for that? If no volunteers then I'll try what I can do...

  Thomas