Re: Latest from hg on OSX

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Latest from hg on OSX
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:18:29 +0100

On 11/giu/08, at 14:32, address@hidden wrote:
------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:43:15 -0700
From: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
To: Thomas Treichl <address@hidden>
Cc: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>

Thomas,

Might the current hg compile with fltk-aqua 1.1.7-1001? ... or is 1.1.9 required? ... perhaps fltk-aqua won't work either and I'll need fltk-x11?

If fltk-aqua 1.1.7-1001 is all that is needed, it should be a fairly simple task to get the current hg version working using Fink for the dependencies.

Ben

Hi,

I recently posted on the help-list as I had missed this thread...
I have been trying to build latest hg sources against fltk-aqua
from fink.

1) I am using the following flags:

./configure LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -framework OpenGL" CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/ include -FOpenGL" F77=gfortran FFLAGS="-ff2c" --prefix=/opt/octave/

2) I had to change
#include GL/gl.h    to     #include OpenGL/gl.h
and
#include GL/glu.h   to     #include OpenGL/glu.h
in gl-renderer.h

3) The build is completed but the resulting octave has problems
parsing some m-files. This was already mentioned in another thread,
a workaround seems to be adding some white space at the and of those
files

as for item 2) I haven't seen any other mention of this problem in this thread
so I was wondering if I have done something wrong there...

HTH,
c.