Re: [OctDev] complex error function

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [OctDev] complex error function
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:45:07 -0500

On 21 November 2012 17:47, Steven G. Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
> 3) Other than Octave and possibly SciPy, it is not clear who would use it in
> library form.

Oh, btw, off the top of my head: R, Scilab, Julia, GNU libc, GNU
Scientific Library, The Madlab (I'm sure you've already contacted
them?), and perhaps CASes like Sage, Maxima, Axiom, Yacas and if you
can stomach the attitude of the non-free ones, Mathematica and Maple,
assuming your algorithm is the best there is.

Do you still want to go the C&P route for Octave?

If so, according to etc/HACKING:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/e9d842dcfc91/etc/HACKING

Your actual numerical routines go in liboctave/cruft/, and the
Octave-callable functions should be turned into mapper functions like
the current erf is under libinterp/corefcn/mappers.cc. We should work
in an hg clone. If you want hg hosting, send me your public ssh key
and I'll put it up under hg.octave.org. We must adhere to our commit
guidelines as much as possible:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines

And we also need to update the documentation to reflect this.

I can help with any part of this.

- Jordi G. H.