Re: Octave should create a forum

From: GoSim
Subject: Re: Octave should create a forum
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 18:25:28 -0600 (CST)

Mike Miller-4 wrote
> On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 07:35:01 -0600, GoSim wrote:
>> phpBB, FreeCAD style forum is better than discourse, it has some
>> graphics,
>> colors and more of an identity than discourse that is almost purely text
>> and
>> sterile.
>
> I don't understand this comparison. In my opinion Discourse is vastly
> superior in terms of design, identity, interaction, and navigation, as a
> human user. Maybe you can explain specifically what you find better
> about this
>
>   https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28838
>
> compared with this
>
>   https://meta.discourse.org/t/merge-users-plugin/114917
>
> --
> mike
>

> signature.asc (849 bytes)
> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4695119/0/signature.asc>

the phpBB has some colors, and some graphics, the buttons are not just text
but real buttons with colors, the links has some colors or pics,  the
discourse has zero graphics and basically looks like nabble but with much
better functionality. Does discourse even have smileys? I didn't see any.

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html