Re: Octave 5.2.0 release

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Octave 5.2.0 release
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 16:42:30 +0000

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 at 16:37, Ian McCallion <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 at 09:26, Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:

Second try.  All files are uploaded to https://octave.space

  I have tried the win64 installer on a very standard windows 10 Home.

On the positive side there is no delay in startup, it runs my system perfectly and is a few percent faster than 5.1.0 on the same workload.

On the negative side there is no longer an OCTAVE_HOME\bin directory which is means my test for octave installation directory does not work. Is this a deliberate decision, or will it be corrected before public release?

My apologies, I see this change in directory structure started with version 5.1. I need a better installation test!

Cheers... Ian