pan-users

[Pan-users] .sig files, plural : feature request

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] .sig files, plural : feature request
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:06:41 -0500 (EST)

        Maybe I'm more stupefacted today than usual ; I
can't even find where I told Pan what .sig to use. :-(

        That failure reminds reminds me that one of the
things I liked in FreeAgent (and I finally got Agent only
shortly before a Friendly Local Alpha Plus Nerd (FLAPN) got
my linux hard drive online; so I haven't ever used it much)
was the way it let me assign an individual .sig to each
group I followed, and override them conveniently whenever I
chose.

        For dc.dining, for instance, I used to have a Belloc
quote about the horror of margarine; for rec.guns one saying
"It's more than guns. It's freedom"; for rec.hunting one
saying "Work is for people who can't hunt"; and so on. And I
could easily swap in one from another group, or a spare, or
none as it suited me.

        Is this already in the works for Pan? If not, I'd
like to nominate it, somewhere down the roadmap -- not
crucial, but nice.
--
RR 'Beartooth' Neuswanger
karhunhammas (at) lserv.com