pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests

From: Kaijuu
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:55:59 -0500 (EST)

> > The second feature request is less important, just something to make things
> > bit easier: when downloaded attachments of a set of messages I want to
> > continue with other groups while the download takes place in the background.
> > You can tell Pan to reserve a connection for reading messages, but you
> > cannot
> > use that same reserved connection for downloading the latest headers.
> > Instead
> > you have to wait until one of the background downloads has finished. A
> > checkbox 'Also use reserved connection to download new headers' is just what
> > I'd like to see.
>
> I agree that connection reservations needs improvement but I'd like to see
> more discussion on this here on pan-users... does anyone else like this idea
> or have different suggestions?

I have the exact same suggestion, since while pan is downloading new
headers, the user can't read the new messages anyways.  I don't see the
point of reserving a connection to read the old news that the header is
stored on the harddrive.  Ofcourse, giving the use the option to select
which way the reserved connection will be used for will be the best
solution.

-k