pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:19:23 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> > bit easier: when downloaded attachments of a set of messages I want to
> > continue with other groups while the download takes place in the background.
> > You can tell Pan to reserve a connection for reading messages, but you
> > cannot
> > use that same reserved connection for downloading the latest headers.
> > Instead
> > you have to wait until one of the background downloads has finished. A
> > checkbox 'Also use reserved connection to download new headers' is just what
> > I'd like to see.
>
> I agree that connection reservations needs improvement but I'd like to see
> more discussion on this here on pan-users... does anyone else like this idea
> or have different suggestions?

I like this idea, it actually is one of the annoying 'features' I didn't think
to ask have changed, but it makes a lot of sense. I have been stuck for upwards
of 1/2 an hour waiting for a group to start loading at times. It should be an
option at the very least. I can't think of a better solution than just allowing
group loads to have the same 'priority' or whatever as msg reads.

brian
---
All progress is the work of fanatics
All fanatics are the work of progress
  6:00pm  up  1:20,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00