pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Keyboard shortcuts

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Keyboard shortcuts
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 22:55:31 -0800

Brian Morrison wrote:

> Charles, what would be really nice is if *all* the menu options had a
> shortcut, or if they were definable (if they are then kick me and then
> let me know how to define them). I often want to quickly expand all

Pan currently has some key shortcuts that don't require modifier keys.
This can be "dangerous."  For example, I thought my focus was in the
compose window, but it wasn't.  Instead Pan started accepting all the
keystrokes I was typing and modified lots of settings and preferences
that took me a while to get all back to normal.  I suggest that
*default* key bindings should all have modifier keys (Alt, Shift, Ctrl,
or combinations).  The user can then modify them to use non-modifier
shortcuts if preferred.

What do you think?

--
Himanshu Gohel, mailto:address@hidden