pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing

From: Denis Pelletier
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:37:07 -0400

On Wednesday 17 July 2002 10:27, Horacus Horacus wrote:
> Ok, I've started using Pan as an alternative to Agent on Windows, at least
> I attempted to, but must say my results were very dissappointing.
> Installing Pan requires for some reason that gtkspell thing, and that by
> itself took me over an hour to work out to sattisfy the missing lib, Pan
> wouldn't even start without it ( I installed the 12.9 rpm for Mandrake).
> Since I've had a lot of experience working out the dependency crap and
> hunting down libs I manage but I can't see less experienced users ever
> succed without some serious time and effert investment. If I wasn't so
> stubborn I wouldn've given up on Linux and it's library dependency crap
> long time ago.

You are using Mandrake? So to install pan you just have to switch to root and
type "urpmi pan". It will take care of all the dependencies.

Denis
Denis Pelletier
Étudiant au doctorat
sciences économiques, Université de Montréal
     an ordinary boy an ordinary name
     but ordinary's just not good enough today
             --Our Lady Peace, Superman's Dead