pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:39:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Horacus Horacus wrote:

> Ok, I've started using Pan as an alternative to Agent on Windows, at least
> I attempted to, but must say my results were very dissappointing.

you are using 0.12.90 which is seriously beta code, actually as a first
leaf in a new branch I'd actually classify it as alpha code. you can turn
off gtkspell requirements with --enable-gtkspell=no (or something close to
that try ./configure --help for details) on your ./configure line btw.

> The main problem I have with Pan is that it fails misserably in downloading
> multipart binary posts. If I flag a post and then say "downlad flaged" it
> only retreaves the first part and only starts retreaving the rest of the
> parts when I choose to save the binary to disk. I have not tried to expand
> the multipart binary post into it's individual parts yet and see if it'll
> work then but I shouldn't have to do that. This is a basic feature and
> should work flawlessly!

I have had zero problems downloading multipart binaries and Ihave
downloaded at least 2 gigs of them since 0.12.90 came out. I highlight
groups of them with the mouse then right click and save attachments, it's
possible other methods I don't use are broken I suppose.

> I have not tried to post any binary attachments with Pan yet but from
> reading the mailing list I understand this feature is somewhat limited right
> now?

it's not implemented at all. (unless it got snuck in)
the current dialogs are still placeholders afaik.

brian
--
Never be afraid to tell the world who you are.
             -- Anonymous