pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:56:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> SLOW!!!!
>
> Go to http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/ and count the number
> of releases that have come out in the last two years.  Compare & constrast
> with the number of releases of ANY other newsreader in the same period.
> Then go look at the release announcements: these were not trivial releases.
> I have worked damn hard on Pan for at least two years,
> and you can go to Hell for all I care, troll.

good christ what a post, I PRAISE the pan team for keeping on top of the
devel cycle thing, so many promising projects flounder due to inactivity,
so far so good with Pan! We get timely releases and if sometimes stuff
breaks, at least we have proof something is being done, this isn't a
system critical app we're talking about here it's news which in a pinch I
can get other ways, I'd rather have a tight developement schedule with the
occasional sorta gimpy release to keep us testers on our toes.

 viva pan! (hm in spanish that looks a little funny I guess heh)

brian
--
Never be afraid to tell the world who you are.
             -- Anonymous