pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] "% pan --revert" or setting default to always revert ?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] "% pan --revert" or setting default to always revert ?
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:12:56 -0700

On Friday 04 October 2002 13:46, Leonard Nutley wrote:
> This feature request is from wanting to have a shell script do the modem
> dial-up, check the connection, and start pan which would already have a list
> of tasks queued.

You may or may not already know this, but a similar feature is already
scheduled to be added at some point.  The idea would be to be able to run it
as a cron job, to periodically update the cache, so when you actually opened
PAN in GUI mode, most of the headers (technically, overviews) and for the
groups where you had set it so, posts themselves, would be already d/led.

They are working on it, but it's not a feature that is there, yet.  I don't
for sure r/c what the target milepost is for it, but it is indeed scheduled.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin