pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.0.92 "What's the saga?"

From: Gollum
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.0.92 "What's the saga?"
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:11:44 +0200

Duncan wrote:
> FWIW, on Mdk 9/Cooker, I loaded the RH 7.3 i686 "nospell" RPM just
> fine.  The spelling version would crash on attempt to reply to
> anything.  [...]

I just upgraded my Mandrake 8.2 box with the Redhat 7.3 i586 RPM.
Spellchecking works fine, just like 0.13.0.91 (after I upgraded
the aspell libraries).

I had to use use rpm with the --nodeps option because of Redhat
naming their GTK2 RPMs differently than Mandrake.  Apart from
that, it appears that we perhaps don't need different RPMs for
Redhat and Mandrake.

Is it possible to set the dependencies in an RPMs in such a way
that both GTK2 naming conventions are accepted, i.e. specifying
that either gtk2 or gtk+2.0 (or whatever) is acceptable?