pan-users

Re: OT: ATA RAID controllers (was: Re: [Pan-users] Speed of pan)

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: OT: ATA RAID controllers (was: Re: [Pan-users] Speed of pan)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:54:16 -0500 (EST)

I've had good luck with the Highpoints, and we've recently moved to
Promise based RAID with the Intel boards. So far both have passed here
with flying colors, although we limit installs to two disks - one per
channel - configured RAID 1. Link for the Intel 845 based server board
with the Promise controller is below.

http://www.intel.com/design/servers/buildingblocks/s845wdi-e/index.htm?iid=ipp_browse+motherbd_s845wdie&;

--
John LeMay