pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:10:46 -0700

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:53:03 -0700, Charles Kerr said:

> So get in your bug reports now... :)

Hmm... another one I can't pin down well enough to file a bug report on
Bugzilla (or am I incorrect in thinking that only bugs that I can figure
out how to reproduce always should go into Bugzilla?):

When I'm trying to insert a new reply in between two snips of quoted text,
I sometimes have problems with Pan overwriting the whitespace (newlines)
that I just added to make room for my snip.

The general procedure is kinda like this:

Compose a new followup.
Find a place where you want to insert some reply.
Make room for your reply by adding 3 newlines.
Select the middle blank line, and type your response. If your response
runs longer than one line, Pan will 'sometimes' delete the next newline
character that you inserted previously. If the text you are inserting goes
longer than 2 lines, you will end up with the quoted text being on the
same line as the text you are inserting (all of the newline characters
will be overwritten).

I have not been able to reproduce this at will, although it seems to
happen when I am not thinking about it. When I try specifically to make it
happen, I have about a 50/50 chance.

It seems like it might matter whether you use the mouse or the keyboard to
position the cursor when you are inserting the newlines, but I can't
confirm this.

Hopefully either I'll be able to narrow it down, or someone more astute
and eloquent than me will be able to write a bug report ;)

--
Lenroc