pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:28:56 -0700

On Tue 05 Aug 2003 04:07, Bobby D. Bryant posted as excerpted below:
> One solution would be to add a new column for "maximum score in the
> unread replies".  Another would be to color the subject line according
> to its own score and color the score column according to the maximum
> score among the unread replies.
>
> Yet another would be to move the unread-reply count back to a separate
> column rather than appending it to the subject line

Yet another would be to set PAN to always expand its post trees.. as I do..
That way none of this matters because each post gets its own score..  <g>

Of course, to do that, AND display a decent sized body view, AND use paned
view (as I do) rather than tabbed view, so I can see the entire situation as
it were at a glance, well, THAT requires LOTS of screen-space.  THAT, of
course, is why I have a triple monitor view-port, 1280x1024 on all three,
stacked to make 1280x3072!  <g>  (I first did this on MSWormOS, using OE,
back at the peak of my MS days, when '98 came out, with one big feature being
multi-monitor support... Soon after, however, I started reading about Linux,
and eventually switched..)

Seriously..  the only app I run full triple-screen is PAN, tho I do run KMail
double screen..

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin