pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone thought of adding par[1|2] support

From: Edith Gross
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone thought of adding par[1|2] support
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:38:42 +0200

I don't see why not. Charles clearly doesn't have the time at the
moment, but others could easily step up to the plate. Free software
doesn't often die out - it may go unmaintained for a while, but thats
all.

Have you looked at the source? It will be a challenge for anybody else.

While I'm not disputing your personal experience, you have to remember
that Windows isn't really the primary target platform for Pan (or indeed
for any other GTK app).

Looking at it this way, you are of course right. I have suspected for a long time that the "problems of Pan" were in fact Gtk problems on Windows. They (the Gtk people) admit that Gtk might hang on Windows sometimes like any other Windows application. But my native Windows applictions never hang and Gtk does. So you would have to seperate Pan from Gtk which seems impossible or at least very, very tedious.