pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: What is "Score"

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: What is "Score"
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:05:26 -0700

---- Original Message ----
From: "Lenny Nero" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 04:09
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: What is "Score"

Travis  said:

> [...]

You will be missing out on the best part(IMO) of BNR2|3, the way it
merges servers, but worth a try.

If you try 2 the weak link is asking the db to do more than one
thing at once, dont open more than one group at a time, dont open
any groups while getting overviews... that sort of thing. I used to
keep my BNR2 db going for months on end without problem by doing
that, but I have not used 2 for over 12 months. there is also a new
version out in the last day. I have not finished my que yet so have
not tried it.

BNR1 might work for you, ah, no yEnce support.

L.

My ISP runs a very good news service so I don't need to pay for another news provider.

I wouldn't have more than one group open at a time. I just switch from the "DVD" group to the "test" and back incase Pan crashes so it will remember what articles have been read in the "DVD" group.

Maybe BNR is way more than I need?

Thanks for all the info you are giving me.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington