pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: External Editor not communicating with Pan Editor

From: Peter
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: External Editor not communicating with Pan Editor
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 05:41:30 -0500

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:30:14 -0700, Duncan wrote:

> Very cool you got it fixed, then, after two years!  =8^)  Now don't you
> wish you'd asked about it 20 months ago! =8^P

Well, yes I do, as a matter of fact! But most times I just use the pan
editor so it was not that much of a big deal. I just accepted it and
ignored the problem.

> I figured it had to be some sort of fork, only I had it pegged as a
> starter script, starting the real gvim.bin in a new process rather than
> running it by exec.

Well, I didn't know WTF if was! But I am relieved it was so easily
repaired. Maybe it would make a good tooltip for the item or a quick note
in README about checking for whether your editor forks or not.

Thx again!

--
Do not reply to this email address. It is a spam trap and not monitored.
If you wish to contact me, please use pete4abw at comcast dot net.