pan-users

[Pan-users] External Editor not communicating with Pan Editor

From: Peter
Subject: [Pan-users] External Editor not communicating with Pan Editor
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:50:17 -0500

Using 14.2.91 code, I observe the following: Whenever I click on External
Editor,

if there is a message or part of a message in PAN,
        it does not go to the editor
        then, when exiting the editor, the PAN message is unchanged
if the message is blank, and I write something in the EE
        when I quit the editor and save the file, nothing is in PAN

I use gvim %t as my editor command. If I click Editor (CTRL-E), the
temp file PAN creates is quickly deleted in the /tmp directory. The editor
opens a blank file with what appears to be the same random name pan
created, but blank. When the editor file is saved, nothing is imported to
the PAN screen.

Why does the original tmp file get deleted? Why are changes not being
captured?

----
Do not reply to this email address. It is a spam trap and not monitored.
If you wish to contact me, please use pete4abw at comcast dot net. Thx.