pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: blank Action column

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: blank Action column
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:49:28 +0000 (UTC)

Ken Geis <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu, 27 Jul 2006
14:25:27 -0700:

>> If not, I'll have to trace down the issue, but I thought I'd mention I'm
>> missing the icons now too, so it's quite possible he meant exactly what
>> he said -- nothing showing up in that column at all.
>
> That's what I meant!  :)
>
> There is nothing ever in the Action column and I have not seen anything
> there in any of the releases I've used in the last few months.
>
> I just restarted X.  I am running gtk 2.8.20.
>
> FYI, I do have the green attachment icon in the State column, and it
> turns gray after the attachment is downloaded.

Hmm... here, it's coming and going.  Right now, it's gone.  The column's
blank even for posts I'm currently reading. I'm on the same X session as
when I upgraded gtk+ then pan, and initially was missing the cached icons
but then got them back after switching groups a couple times.  (I run KDE
as my DE, so won't have gtk+ loaded except when I'm running pan or
something.)  However, I'm running xorg 7.2 with EXA in place of XAA, and
composite, and while EXA is more efficient enough to actually run
composite with very little overhead, the combination isn't yet entirely
bug-free and sometimes runs out of some resource or another and eats 100%
of one CPU until I quit and restart X. Makes me real glad I have a
dual CPU system, the one's bugged out ATM and has been for over an hour,
but I'm still running with little slowdown on the desktop, since I'm dual
CPU and the other one is sufficient to support ordinary tasks and the
system is otherwise stable. Anyway, it's possible the bugged X is the
reason pan isn't showing the action icons ATM.  I really should restart
X... but I"m running several apps and listening to XMMS, and don't want to
interrupt it all.