pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: pan window is too wide

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: pan window is too wide
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:44:01 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 08
Sep 2006 09:54:59 -0600:

> Try ALT+F10 (this should maximize the window to the current screen size).
>
> I occasionally run into this when I switch resolutions on my laptop; pan
> remembers the 1400x1050 size settings, but my monitor only does 1280x1024
> so I use this to work around that.

It's also possible that the OP is running in a very low resolution mode,
say 800x600 or the like.  Pan works best with at least 1024x768
resolution, as many of its dialogs, plus button layout and the like on the
main window, assume that.  The button bar on 0.111 pan looks to be roughly
860 px long, here, so at 800 px wide, 800x600 would simply not be wide
enough.  I recall similar issues with old-pan, 0.14.x, and 800x600
resolution.  1024x768 was the assumed minimum screen size on it as well,
tho 960x720 or similar might work.

(Here I'm running dual 21" monitors, 400x300mm viewable, normally in
the native resolution of 1600x1200 each, stacked for 1600x2400.  I've run
them as high as 2048x1536 each, stacked for 2048x3072, but that was a bit
much.  In any case, pan and kmail are about the only two apps I regularly
maximize to even one monitor, let alone both.  I do often maximize pan to
both monitors in the binary groups, however, to be able to deal with both
the many thousands of headers at a time, and display of most still images
in full size.  Running out of room for the pan toolbar isn't a problem I
personally run into. =8^)