pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: pan window is too wide

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: pan window is too wide
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 00:41:12 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 08
Sep 2006 18:09:54 -0600:

> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:44:01 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> It's also possible that the OP is running in a very low resolution mode,
>> say 800x600 or the like.  Pan works best with at least 1024x768
>> resolution, as many of its dialogs, plus button layout and the like on the
>> main window, assume that.
>
> Ah, good point - hadn't thought about that.  For the main window, of
> course, the tabbed view (rather than the 3-pane view) might be better to
> work with.

Trouble is, the toolbar remains the same width, tabbed main window or not.
Tabbed works for what is otherwise three panes, but the buttons on the
toolbar all remain there and take up the same space regardless.

... I just opened old-pan once again -- I keep it installed for just this
purpose -- and verified.  The toolbar there remains the same tabbed mode
or not, as well.  However, it looks to be a bit shorter, barely fitting
within 800 pixels at about 790, than new pan.  Of course, icon and text
size will change that some.  That's with the visual scheme I'm using here.