pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ubuntu 0.117 binaries

From: Eric Waguespack
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ubuntu 0.117 binaries
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:36:11 -0500

I have compiled plenty... but I guess i avoided it in this instance because of a few fuzzy bits:

if you have a deb installed for a package, should you uninstall it before installing from source?
if you don't will your dpkg package inventory be hosed?
how do you uninstall source? make uninstall? if so, does that mean you have to retain the source in order to uninstall it?

etc.

On 10/20/06, walt <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:27:47 -0500, Eric Waguespack wrote:

> Should I give up on Darren Albers supplying us with a .deb for ubuntu?
> it's stuck at 0.115

Compiling pan for yourself is *very* easy.  All you need is to add a
handful of 'development' packages to your machine and the rest is trivial.

If you're interested, I could try to walk you through the steps, as long
as you're not in any rush.  (I boot ubuntu about once a month just to keep
up with what they're doing.  I'm not an expert, but I've compiled pan on
ubuntu myself so I know it's not too hard.)