pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ubuntu 0.117 binaries

From: Darren
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ubuntu 0.117 binaries
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:14:34 -0400

Eric Waguespack wrote:
> I wonder if Darren, or someone else would be so kind as to send me the
> script / commands used to compile the pan source into a .deb package? I
> am just curious because I occasionally install other packages from
> source and I would like to convert it to .deb so that I can benefit from
> the advantages already discussed.

While they are not suitable for redistribution you can use checkinstall
to create a deb and therefore take advantage of your distributions
package management system.

You should be able to install it via the ubuntu repo's and using it is
as simple as running checkinstall from the root of the source.

There is also an article on debian-administration that gives a quick
rundown on how to create packages:

However the link Soren from has more details.